Catalyst is a global nonprofit working with some of the world’s most powerful CEOs and leading companies to build workplaces that work for women. Because progress for women is progress for everyone. We achieve our mission by partnering with 800+ Supporter organizations to help them make positive change in their organizations. We give companies and CEOs the trusted advice and expertise they need to drive workplace talent transformations in complex, global businesses.
Summary of Team
The person who fills this role will join the editorial team with the Global Brand and Strategic Communications (GBSC) group, and will work collaboratively across the organization to bring to life influential, cutting-edge materials on diversity, equity, and inclusion for supporting companies and the general public.
Summary of Responsibilities
Reporting to the Senior Editorial Director, the versatile, multiplatform Production Editor will join a busy creative team within the GBSC department. The Production Editor will copyedit, line edit, and/or proofread a wide range of content, including research reports, infographics, newsletters, marketing materials, development materials, training and workshop materials, and media releases. Additional responsibilities will include project-managing workflow for multiple projects, priorities, and deadlines; and collaborating with contributors and other stakeholders across the organization.
- Copyedit, line edit, and proofread materials to ensure content adheres to Chicago Manual of Style, APA citation guidelines, and Catalyst style guidelines while also retaining Catalyst voice
- Ensure accuracy of content and messaging
- Incorporate revision requests resulting from reviews throughout the production cycle (edits, design, fact-check, proof) into materials
- Serve as liaison between authors and contributors throughout the editorial and production process
- Other tasks as assigned by the Senior Editorial Director as needed
- Work with stakeholders across the GBSC creative team and the broader organization to determine the most effective way to present materials and information and develop and enforce agreed-upon project timelines
- Build project schedules in Asana, including assigning tasks and deadlines to contributors within and outside the department
- Facilitate cross-department review and approval of materials
- Provide coverage for other roles within the GBSC editorial team as needed
- Other tasks as assigned by the Senior Editorial Director as needed.
- BA or BS degree in English or related field
- 4+ years of editing and project-management experience
- Experience working in WordPress or comparable content management system
- Experience using Asana or comparable project management tool
- Superlative proofreading, line editing, and copyediting skills
- Comfortable using Microsoft 365 (Sharepoint, Teams, etc), Adobe PDFs, and other tools
- Proficient in Chicago Manual of Style, the rules of grammar, APA citation guidelines, and other stylistic and publishing conventions
- Able to quickly develop proficiency in Catalyst editorial style
- Excellent organizational, communication, and people skills
- Ability to work in a fast-paced culture and manage multiple projects and priorities while adhering to tight deadlines
- Ability to work both independently as well as with a collaborative team
- A commitment to Catalyst’s mission to create diverse, equitable, and inclusive workplaces