Title: Vice President, Product Management & Innovation
Department: Learning & Advisory Services (LAS)
Summary of Responsibilities
Catalyst is looking for a Vice President, Product Management & Innovation to develop and lead the overall product marketing strategy and content delivery execution for our fee-for-service learning products and programs at Catalyst. In this role you will create scalable processes and drive innovation within our product portfolio.
The ideal candidate will have demonstrated ability to lead product cycles and go-to-market strategy. We are looking for a candidate who has demonstrated excellence in launching research-based D&I (diversity & inclusion) learning products to market. This person must have a mindset that embraces all aspects of D&I, critical questioning, innovation, outstanding service, and continuous learning.
This important role will work closely with functional and program leaders across the LAS department as well as other key stakeholders across Catalyst to determine the right collaboration and execution strategy, earning trust within and across teams and always keeping pace with internal and external needs.
We’ll trust you to:
- Take ownership of product strategy, roadmap, and execution.
- Define D&I product offerings that align with supporter needs based on research, competitor analyses, analytics, and supporter feedback.
- Inform the learning product strategic vision that would guide the roadmap and development process.
- Influence and partner with cross-departmental working teams to launch on-time, effective product campaigns and programs aligned with measurable objectives.
- Develop and implement product launch campaigns and product marketing in partnership across Catalyst.
- Ensure highest standards of quality when taking fee-for-service content to market – and be responsible for feedback and assessment systems to track impact.
- Work with internal stakeholders to help position our learning content and understand training and sales needs to deliver content to the market.
- Strategically evaluate available technology for content creation/packaging and learner progression.
- Drive product review meetings with the team and/or senior leadership.
- Innovate and identify new ways to create business impact through new or existing partnerships and related processes.
- Identify and resolve risks/issues, provide solutions, and overcome hurdles to drive results.
- Oversee and collaborate with direct report(s) and related team members as applicable to ensure core administrative, analytical, and logistical functions are met while cultivating an environment of transparency and trust.
- Bachelor’s degree (MBA preferred) and at least ten (10) years of marketing, product management, sales, and/or program development experience.
- Direct expertise in the D&I corporate sector is required
- Experience with RFPs and contract negotiations preferred.
- Experience with adult learning products/programs is a plus.
- Recent experience in multiple discipline areas and levels, including Learning and Development and Employee Engagement, is a plus
- Ability to learn and understand Catalyst’s knowledge products and learning programs currently offered with underlying awareness of opportunity areas to work with current and future stakeholders.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills to build trusting relationships with potential and current partners and clients.
- Strategic thinker with strong business acumen.
- Demonstrated brand management skills and ability to position offerings in a way that resonates with partners and clients.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate cross-departmentally to unite organization-wide strategy and goals through the current offerings that ensure sustainable mission impact.
- Strong managerial skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Flexibility to adapt to frequent and often unexpected demands.
- Fundraising and partnerships experience a plus – especially in managing different types of partners and assessing strategic impact.
- Some travel may be required (depending on product/client needs, up to ~15%).