Department: Community & Convening
Reports to: Director, Fundraising
Location: NY or Remote
Catalyst is a global nonprofit working with some of the world’s most powerful CEOs and leading companies to build workplaces that work for women, because progress for women is progress for everyone. We achieve our mission by partnering with 800+ Supporter organizations to help them make positive change in their organizations. We give companies and CEOs the trusted advice and expertise they need to drive workplace talent transformations in complex, global businesses.
Summary of Team
Under the Catalyst mission of advancing women through workplace inclusion, the Community & Convening team is responsible for Catalyst events and webinars which raise nearly one third of Catalyst’s operating budget and serve as the convening authority for audiences committed to progress for women in the workplace. Virtual and live convenings showcase Catalyst’s thought leadership, elevate visibility for our Supporters, and connect the Catalyst corporate community with one another and to advance our mission.
Summary of Responsibilities
The Associate, Events is responsible for assisting the events team with fundraising fulfillment for Catalyst events from conception to completion along with other events (both Virtual and in person), as needed.
- Support all correspondence related to signature events and other events including invitations, Associate Chair letters, e-blasts and maintaining all attendance records and contacts related to each event
- Serve as point person for logistical questions by attendees for events
- Work closely with Corporate Engagement team to ensure supporter organizations attend, sponsor and engage their CEO and employees in Catalyst’s events
- Responsible for supporting sponsor fulfillment once an organization decides to support an event (I would not have someone in an admin role be a sponsor liaison, remove)
- Update all table/ticket purchase information in Salesforce and relay new contact names to the appropriate Catalyst staff members
- Ensure all companies are invoiced for contributions, table/ticket purchases, etc.
- Generate thank you and tax acknowledgement letters
- Own administrative updates the Community & Convening “hub” internal intranet page
- Assist events team with all other event related tasks including coordination with sponsors and speakers, vendors and venues, etc. for signature fundraising events and any other event needs
Knowledge and Skills
- Bachelor’s Degree and preferably 1- 2 years Events and/or Fundraising experience
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail
- Highly accurate data entry skills
- Ability to function effectively in a team-based environment as well as independently and with colleagues across varying departments and job levels
- Ability to develop timelines and proposals with the guidance of Senior Director and propose new systems and processes
- An understanding of, and commitment to, customer service
- Ability to represent Catalyst in a clear, effective and professional manner
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Deadline-driven, fast-paced environment with multiple priorities and limited turnaround time, especially close to event dates
- Collaborative interaction in an in-person and virtual team setting
- Proactive, self-starter