Department: Advisory Services
Reports to: Director, Advisory Services
Location: New York Office, or Virtually in the US
Catalyst is a global nonprofit working with some of the world’s most powerful CEOs and leading companies to build workplaces that work for women, because progress for women is progress for everyone. We achieve our mission by partnering with 800+ Supporter organizations to help them make positive change in their organizations. We give companies and CEOs the trusted advice and expertise they need to drive workplace talent transformations in complex, global businesses.
Summary of Responsibilities
The Catalyst Inclusion Accelerator Project Coordinator will steward Catalyst supporter organizations through the deployment of their Catalyst Inclusion Accelerator survey!
The Catalyst Inclusion Accelerator Project Coordinator will guide clients through the full life cycle of their Catalyst Inclusion Accelerator survey deployment including business development and sales, client project management, and data formatting and analysis.
This role requires strong organizational, project management, and client-facing skills. The Project Coordinator will work cross-departmentally with the Advisory Services and Research teams and will interface with external Catalyst partners and vendor organizations.
The Project Coordinator will also contribute to sessions with client teams, ranging from targeted advice on improving diversity and inclusion, to extensive strategic planning sessions.
Serve as Project Coordinator of the Catalyst Inclusion Accelerator under direction of a Director, Advisory Services. Responsibilities include:
- Liaise with client contacts independently, exercise judgment to deal with client/ CIA project issues or support project managers in client management
- Respond to client questions about CIA data (workforce statistics, data formatting, etc.) in client meetings
- Design project work plans and execute and supervise discrete pieces of Catalyst Inclusion Accelerator engagements with Catalyst supporter organizations such as initial sales calls, survey deployment, and contribute to action planning session design and facilitation
Catalyst Inclusion Accelerator Business Development
- Create compelling client-ready communications and business proposals
- Assist in new business development and represent Catalyst externally, handling inquiries from potential clients
Data Analysis & Knowledge Building
- Develop skills for analyzing and interpreting the output of Catalyst Inclusion Accelerator reports
- Contribute to Advisory Services operations and knowledge building and cross-departmental/cross-Catalyst activities
Knowledge and Skills
- Ability to juggle multiple client-facing project responsibilities and meet deadlines.
- Strong written and oral communication skills, with the potential to facilitate client sessions.
- Skill in designing and delivering formal and informal presentation and written reports
- Ability to participate in a highly team-oriented and matrixed work environment.
- Willingness to learn about workplace inclusion, particularly the global experiences of women, including women of color, within corporations and/or firms.
- Personal computer literacy in a networked Windows Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) environment. Personal computer literacy in a networked Windows environment; proficiency in Word, PowerPoint, and Excel.
- Experience using project management and customer relationship management (CRM) software is a plus.
- Work with confidential issues and data.
- Ongoing communication with personnel throughout Catalyst, to support the alignment of functional areas.
Education and Experience
- A./ B.S. degree and 2 years of project management, research, and/or client-facing work experience preferred.
- Experience and interest in addressing issues of diversity, equity, and inclusion is a plus.