Title: Human Resources Coordinator
Department: Human Resources
Reports To: Vice President, Human Resources
Location: NYC Office
Summary of Responsibilities
Catalyst is a global nonprofit with some of the world’s most powerful CEOs and leading companies to help build workplaces that work for women. Catalyst drives change with pioneering research, practical tools, and proven solutions to accelerate and advance women into leadership-because progress for women is progress for everyone. We invite you to share our passion.
The Human Resources Coordinator assists with the day-to-day operation of human resources processes and provides support to the Human Resources team. The HR Coordinator is responsible for job posting, recruiting coordinating, onboarding, off-boarding and maintaining employee files using the HR filing system and employee database.
- Support the Human Resources team as it relates to full cycle recruiting and the employee on-boarding processes. Including: schedule phone screens, coordinate team interviews, and maintain calendars accordingly. Coordination of new hire paperwork conduct new hire HR orientations, scheduling of additional orientations, and support full on-boarding process as part of a team.
- Maintain and track new hire paperwork, I9s, and internal forms throughout the selection and on-boarding process.
- Maintain job postings on internal and external sites.
- Maintain and update the HR Intranet site and Catalyst Careers page.
- Coordinate benefits administration for retirement and enrollments.
- Assisting and advising employees and managers regarding leave management and benefit administration, and HR procedures and policies within the specified guidelines.
- Maintain database information and documents via the HRIS system and employee files ensuring complete accuracy and confidentiality. Run reports as needed and continually update database.
- Maintain and update employee records and data in company time keeping system.
- Handle questions regarding company policies and procedures and some first-line employee relations issues.
- Prepare bi-weekly payroll and retirement remittance packets.
- Assist with payroll and pension audits.
- Provide support on key departmental projects including but not limited to Learning and Development, Performance Management, and HR Operations.
Knowledge and Skills
- Requires at least one year of experience in Human Resources. This role must be able to visit the New York office once a week.
- Strong communication skills; both verbal and written.
- Ability to collaborate effectively with all departments and staff.
- Ability to prioritize, multi-task, and meet deadlines.
- Strong customer service skills, sense of urgency, and sense of responsibility.
- Exercise sound judgement when handling confidential issues and data.
- Strong organizational skills and excellent attention to detail.
- Strong computer skills; proficient with MS Office.
- Basic knowledge of employment practices and regulations.