Title: Director, IT System Administrator
Department: Information Technology
Reports to: Vice President, Information Technology
Location: New York Office or Virtually in the US
Catalyst is a global nonprofit working with some of the world’s most powerful CEOs and leading companies to build workplaces that work for women, because progress for women is progress for everyone. We achieve our mission by partnering with 800+ Supporter organizations to help them make positive change in their organizations. We give companies and CEOs the trusted advice and expertise they need to drive workplace talent transformations in complex, global businesses.
Summary of Responsibilities
The Director, IT System Administrator is the lead expert and technician for the Catalyst technology ecosystem. This role will be responsible for leveraging MSP resources while serving as an escalation point for a hybrid help desk model. The Director, IT System Administrator must remain security focused while serving as internal audit liaison and security operations lead.
- Collaborates and lead implementation of IT hardening standards, ensuring policy enforcement.
- Coordinates server and network backups, malware prevention, patch management, vulnerability remediation, capacity management, including responding to logs and alerts.
- Assists and oversees activities performed by a managed service provider; manages the performance of Level 1 and Level 2 support to employees.
- Assists in vendor risk assessments.
- Participates in preparation of departmental budget; submits an annual system review.
- Contributes to the technology roadmap including IT asset management.
- Manages disaster recovery strategy, planning and readiness testing.
- Works in conjunction with external auditors to ensure independent 3rd party review of IT.
- Provides leadership of Service Desk personnel through procedure optimization.
- Assists in maintaining maximum system uptime and business continuity resiliency.
- Fosters strong partnerships between Information Technology and business units.
- Performs analysis of network needs and contribute to the design of network architecture, integration, installation and maintenance.
- Learns fundamental operations of commonly used software, hardware and services, while remaining technically aware of new technology.
- Coordinates third-party maintenance for hardware, software and services.
- Assists in documentation efforts.
Knowledge and Skills
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Sciences preferred or equivalent work experience, along with specialized training in computer technology and basic software programs.
- 5+ years of relevant work experience.
- Microsoft Windows Server administration.
- Microsoft and Azure Active Directory.
- Microsoft 365 services administration (Exchange, Intune MDM, SharePoint and Teams).
- Strong understanding of DNS, DHCP, Certificate Services, LDAP, and Group Policy design.
- Database Server configuration and maintenance (MS SQL).
- VMWare ESX/vCenter configuration and maintenance.
- Veeam Enterprise backup technologies.
- Experienced supporting VoIP solutions.
- Ability to manage multiple priorities; adapt to frequent and often unexpected demands.
- Work with confidential issues and data.
- Team structure but must be able to work independently.