Title: Digital Product Manager
Department: Global Brand and Strategic Communications
Reports To: Senior Director, Digital
Location: New York Office or Virtual in the US or Canada (ideally Eastern Time Zone)
Catalyst is a global nonprofit working with some of the world’s most powerful CEOs and leading companies to build workplaces that work for women. Because progress for women is progress for everyone. We achieve our mission by partnering with 800+ Supporter organizations to help them make positive change in their organizations. We give companies and CEOs the trusted advice and expertise they need to drive workplace talent transformations in complex, global businesses.
Summary of Team
The Global Brand & Strategic Communications (GBSC) department includes the communications, editorial, design, digital, social media, and content project management teams. Our customers are our colleagues based throughout North America and Europe. Though all Catalyst staff are working remotely during the pandemic, about half the members on our highly productive team are based in Catalyst’s NYC office with the other half working remotely from homebased offices on a permanent basis. We proudly transform Catalyst’s cutting-edge research into reports, workshops, and other knowledge products that our Supporters and the public engage with on their journey to create more inclusive workplace cultures.
Summary of Responsibilities
Catalyst is seeking a website user experience expert with strong digital production experience to support our transition into a digital-first organization. This new role of Digital Product Manager will report to the Senior Director, Digital and will manage ongoing website production and enhancements, as well as serve as Catalyst’s expert on UX. The Digital Product Manager will iteratively improve the usability of the site with the goal of increasing engagement and furthering our organization objectives.
The responsibilities will also include the following:
- Ensure that the Catalyst website (catalyst.org) has a best-in-class user experience and adheres to accessibility guidelines.
- Collaborate with stakeholders to produce engaging digital initiatives that increase user engagement and support Catalyst programs and organizational objectives:
- Taking a user-centered design approach, develop user flows and wireframes/mockups that produce intuitive user experiences.
- Define digital objectives, requirements, KPIs (Key Performance Indicators), milestones.
- Collaborate with team leads (design, editorial and operations) and external vendors to develop project plans for digital deliverables.
- Manage review and approval cycle with stakeholders across the organization.
- Ensure that projects are completed on budget and on time.
- Work with stakeholders and collaborate with team members across the organization to manage and execute daily updates to the website. Review, test, approve and publish new pages.
- Troubleshoot website issues, evaluate, and delegate website requests, and provide support to staff, editors, admins, and users.
- Improve website performance and SEO (Search Engine Optimization): implement best practices for website SEO.
- Monitor website performance (Google core web vitals) and page speed; recommend and implement optimization tactics.
- Provide production support for other digital properties and platforms, including Catalyst’s email marketing platform.
- Conduct A/B and usability testing; set up, QA, launch, and monitor website optimization tests using Google Optimize.
- Perform analysis and provide engagement reports.
- Research and recommend new website tools and solutions as needed to support organizational objectives.
- Manage Google Analytics, Google Tag Manager, and tracking codes to create regular reports on campaigns and key metrics, as well as custom reports as needed. Track ongoing KPIs for the website and make recommendations as needed.
Education, Knowledge and Skills
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent
- 7+ years of digital experience in project management, production, and development
- Strong technical background and analytical skills with experience managing a WordPress website (familiarity with Salesforce a plus)
- Proactive creative problem solver and strategic thinker with attention to detail
- Strong knowledge of website usability standards and best practices for optimization
- Experience managing vendors to deliver digital products and new features
- Understanding of website and email analytics, how to benchmark KPIs and interpret engagement data
- Experience with Google Analytics (GA Certification a plus)
- Experience with email marketing tools a plus