Title: Human Resources Operations Manager
Department: Human Resources
Reports To: Vice President, Human Resources
Location: NYC Office
Summary of Responsibilities
Catalyst is a global nonprofit with some of the world’s most powerful CEOs and leading companies to help build workplaces that work for women. Catalyst drives change with pioneering research, practical tools, and proven solutions to accelerate and advance women into leadership-because progress for women is progress for everyone. We invite you to share our passion.
Catalyst is looking for an Operations Manager who will be responsible for managing the Human Resources operational activities, including payroll, time and attendance, policies & practices in addition to compliance. This role will work closely with HR business partners and other business Stakeholders to evolve, advance and ensure the HR function operates as a center of excellence.
- Drive operational optimization by understanding current process gaps, utilize critical thinking to evaluate scalable solutions and improvements.
- Responsible for managing end-to-end execution of payroll/operations and benefit processes.
- Manage vendor relationships to ensure plans are administered in accordance with regional and local standards.
Payroll and Benefits
- Oversee payroll process and related functions including preparing payroll packets and reviewing registers, submitting and processing changes with PEO vendors.
- Process regional retirement remittances.
- Manage annual and internal audits, ensuring data integrity across all payroll, benefits, and HR platforms.
- Work cross-functionally with finance to ensure month end expense reconciliation.
- Responsible for all annual reporting to ensure compliance.
- Lead annual open enrollment and related functions including renewal analysis, updating payroll systems, and hosting education sessions.
- Deliver and integrate system implementations and effectively communicate to internal team.
Policies and Procedures
- Recommend new approaches, policies, and procedures for continual improvements in efficiency of department and services performed.
- Oversee the maintenance of employee records and HRIS.
- Maintain compliance with federal, state, and provincial regulations concerning employment, and monitor labor law updates for changes that affect HR, including reviewing and updating employee handbooks or employment agreements.
Knowledge and Skills
- Requires 5+ years of progressive HR Generalist/operations experience. PHR/SPHR or similar certification preferred but not required.
- Three years or more experience processing payroll.
- Considerable knowledge of Global HR policies, procedures, best practices, and employment law in all regions where Catalyst conducts business.
- Comprehensive knowledge of concepts, practices, and procedures with payroll systems and managing payroll operation functions.
- Excellent hands on knowledge of current tax and payroll laws and 403b benefits.
- Attention to detail is a must with demonstrated knowledge of operational administrative programs.
- Advanced Excel, HRIS, and budget management skills.
- Strong conflict resolution skills, adept at dealing with complex issues, and seasoned judgement.
- Ability to work collaboratively at all levels of the organization.
- Ability to present facts and recommendations effectively.
- Possess excellent presentation skills.
- Demonstrated ability to work in a global and virtual organization.
- Strong organizational, administrative, analytical, and problem-solving skills.
- Strong management abilities, including project planning and oversight.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Ability to effectively manage multiple priorities.
- Service focused environment.
- Confidential issues and data.